WHO WE ARE:
We create experiences that change how people talk, act and feel about brands.
These experiences utilize traditional, digital, social and mobile media, as well as new technologies and
invented media. They are the product of our creativity and 45 years of expertise in data, analytics, strategy, user experience, media and technology.
RAPP is the world's leading multichannel marketing agency network.
The Senior PHP Developer is a key role in the Platform Development team in delivering solutions for our external clients. This person would also be responsible for the design, development, and testing of solutions to meet the requirements of our clients. We are looking for a motivated and skilled PHP developer to join our team to design, develop, implement, test and support highly scalable, multi-tier web applications (PHP, Symfony, Zend).
• Write elegant and clean code as a Senior PHP Developer
• Implement new features as well as enhance existing ones
• Create clean, well-documented products, software and services
• Work closely with product management, UX designers and backend server engineers
• Always look for ways to make the UI behave and perform better
• Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Design, code, test, debug and document software according to the functional requirements.
• Ability to provide technical and project management expertise across multiple areas of application development.
• Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
• Investigate operational or systematic problems and user queries as required.
• Follows all department standards and methodologies.
• Interacts and communicates effectively with all levels of staff, senior management, customers and vendors.
• Communicate effectively and clearly, in writing and orally, both in one-on-one and in group presentation situations.
• Experience with e-commerce and e-com platforms such as Magento, XCart, Spree etc.
• Proficiency in other languages such as Ruby
• Proficiency with Linux maintenance and light system administration
• Development Ops experience with frameworks such as Chef
• Experience with Vagrant
• Interest AND experience in a marketing agency environment
• Experience within a client interfacing capacity would be a plus, but not required
• Requires broad marketing technology knowledge including experience working on projects that require web-based marketing application development and/or system support.
• Experience developing and administering such applications (i.e. user administration, digital asset management, etc.).
• Experience working with various systems integration points within the application environment.
• Background that includes taking development projects from the initiation phase through the delivery phase and into production support.
• 5+ years of PHP experience is required
• Strong knowledge of object oriented PHP programming, best practices, and web application framework required. Experience with Symfony is STRONGLY preferred, but ZEND framework is acceptable.
• Experience with CMS/Blog platforms such as Drupal, Expression Engine, WordPress, MT or Alfresco
• Experience with modern version control (git, bitbucket) and workflows
• In depth understanding of front end performance
• Must embrace open standards and thrive to provide a rich user experience, regardless of type of browser
• You must be familiar and able to work seamlessly through all phases of the software development life cycle, and experience in an Agile environment is highly desired.
• Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
Submit formatted resume (Word/PDF) - no uploaded profiles please. Desired salary or most recent salary must be provided. Local candidates only.