WHO WE ARE:
RAPP creates experiences that change how people talk, act and feel about brands.
These experiences utilize traditional, digital, social and mobile media, as well as new technologies and invented media. They are the product of our creativity and 45 years of expertise in data, analytics, strategy, user experience, media and technology.
RAPP is the world's leading multichannel marketing agency network.
The Software Engineer will be a key member of our Product Technology Development Team in delivering solutions for our external clients. The Software Engineer will be responsible for design, development, testing, and implementation of solutions to meet the requirements of our clients. The Software Engineer will take direction from team leadership, or at times direct the activities of him/herself and other team members, in executing on project requirements and timelines addressing all aspects of the project through design to delivery to production.
- Competent to work at the highest level on all phases, and experienced with multiple types, of the software development life cycle.
- Use the latest Microsoft technologies: C#, ASP.NET, SQL, and WinForms/WebForms/MVC to develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Design, code, test, debug and document software according to the functional requirements.
- Develop, maintain and support programs/tools for internal and external clients.
- Analyze, diagnose, and resolve errors related to their applications.
- Assist and educate users, support personnel, and management in using software. Assist in defining project plans requiring software development and hardware installations.
- Ability to provide technical and project management expertise across multiple areas of application development.
- Develop developer-level software specifications.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis as required.
- Investigate operational or systematic problems and user queries as required.
- Follows all department standards and methodologies.
- Interacts and communicates effectively with all levels of staff, senior management, customers and vendors.
- Communicate effectively and clearly, in writing and orally, both in one-on-one and in group presentation situations.
Candidate will work with project teams, and also work with many agency stakeholders including:
- Software Engineers
- Lead Software Engineers
- Quality Assurance Analysts
- Solutions Analysts
- Application Support Technicians
- Database Administrators
- System Administrators
- Requires the ability to wear many hats during the design and implementation phases.
- Strongly value analytical thinking and excellent communication skills over specific experience or certification/degrees.
- Would like someone who is experienced and enjoys working the entire software development life cycle including architecture and design, development, testing, implementation and support.
- Must have experience working with various system integration points within the application environment.
- Must have a background that includes taking development projects from the initiation phase through the delivery phase and into production support.
- 3 years of proficiency with C# is required
- 2 - 3 years of experience with WebForms, or WinForms required
- 2 - 3 years of ASP .NET MVC in addition is preferred
- 3 - 4 years of backend experience with SQL Server databases and SQL development is required.
- Must have 3 years of full software development life cycle experience, preferably within an Agile environment.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Working conditions: Assumes working on site at RAPP - Dallas, regular full time hours.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Local candidates only.